StoryBuilt takes home and community seriously. Our first priorities are our workers, partners, and customers. We're reaching out to let your know our plans during this unprecedented time. COVID-19 affects us all.
StoryBuilt has staff in Austin, Dallas, Denver, San Antonio, and Seattle, so we've had a variety of remote technology in place since our inception. Our team is comfortable and effective working this way including Connected Tours - live chats and hosted prerecorded tours.
To further articulate our plans:
- In our offices, we have instituted mandatory sanitization of all surfaces and common areas. We deep-clean on a regular schedule with only staff or team legally permitted on the premises during shelter-in-place. Instructions for proper hand-washing are placed in the restrooms and hand sanitizer is available throughout the office.
- All staff are required to work remotely until the shelter-in-place restrictions are lifted.
- All StoryBuilt employees have been educated on CDC standards including regular hand washing and covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- All employees, vendors and visitors are encouraged to stay home and avoid any restricted errands, especially if feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, cough, etc). Managers are required to send symptomatic staff home immediately.
- Anyone who has traveled is required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- All HOA, Warranty, and site visits will be postponed until Shelter-in-Place restrictions are lifted. Any appointments that can be managed through video call will be done accordingly. StoryBuilt will continue to respond to warranty requests after the lift. HOA or warranty issues that are necessary for safe and protected home environments are exempt.
- For field related site visits be those pre-drywall, new home presentation or home delivery we are developing plans to offer those through video with a new post-close walk to ensure satisfaction with home as soon as we are legally permitted.
- Construction on units in Austin with affordable home offerings are exempt and construction continues. Single family home development is temporarily paused. In Dallas all commercial and residential construction is exempt and we are building. In Seattle, all construction is paused until Shelter-in-Place is lifted.
- Construction Team:
• Limiting the number of people on the job site and following social distancing guidelines.
• Requiring face protection to be worn while on the job site.
• Daily temp checks on each person working for the day.
• Disinfecting reusable supplies and equipment throughout the workday.
- Lastly, wherever you are and whomever you see - no handshakes (though we do encourage spirited interpretations like elbow bumps or jazz hands.)
We know that life goes on, even during these uneasy times. At this moment interest rates are very low, putting current buyers in a good position. We will continue monitoring the news, as you undoubtedly will too. We don't know how this will turn out, but we know this: we're all in this together.
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here.
Chief Operating Officer